Cleaning Buckets (formerly called Flood Buckets)
Cleaning Bucket Assembly & Shipping Instructions
These supplies enable people to begin the overwhelming job of cleaning up after a flood or hurricane.
Cleaning Bucket PDF (2pp, 78K)
Cleaning Bucket Kit Items Value: $55 per bucket.
Note: if the requested item size is not available, go down to the next available size. If nothing is available in the requested or smaller size, put masking tape on the outside of the bucket saying, "This bucket contains no _________"
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Bleach (two 1-quart or one 82 oz. bottle. Do not include bleach if you are shipping the bucket through the US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx)
- 5 scouring pads
- 7 Sponges
- 1 scrub brush
- 18 cleaning towels (reusable wipes)
- Liquid laundry detergent (two 25 oz. or one 50 oz. bottle)
- 1 household cleaner, 12-16 oz. bottle
- Disinfectant dish soap, 16-28 oz. bottle
- 50 clothes pins
- Clothes line (two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.)
- 5 dust masks
- 2 pair latex gloves
- 1 pair work gloves
- 24-bag roll of heavy-duty trash bags, 33-45 gallon (remove roll from box before placing in bucket)
- 1 Insect repellant spray, 6-14 oz. can (If aerosol, cans must have protective caps. See Special Requirements below.)
- 1 Air freshener, 8 or 9 oz. can (If aerosol, cans must have protective caps.
See Special Requirements below.)
Important Kit Assembly Information
- All items included in kits must be NEW items.
- All emergency kits are carefully planned to make them usable in the greatest number of situations. Since strict rules often govern product entry into international countries, it is important that kits contain only the requested items-nothing more.
- Do NOT include any personal notes, money or additional materials in the kits. These things must be painstakingly removed and will delay the shipment.
- Complete 2 packing lists-one for your records and one to put on the shipping box.
- Paste the shipping label / packing list on the outside of each box you send. The shipping list helps the depot to quickly process kits.
- Processing & Shipping Costs: Please enclose an envelope containing at least $1 for each kit you send. This donation enables kits to be sent without delay to areas in need. For Cleaning Buckets: $1.50.
Print Shipping Label & Packing List
HTML | PDF
Print ORM-D mark (JPG)
Small | Large
Special Shipping Requirements
Cleaning Agents. All cleaning agents must be liquid and in plastic bottles. No powders. Pack them inside a bucket or strong outer box.
Aerosols or Flammables. If including these types of supplies, ship kits by UPS Ground, Fed Ex Ground, or by truck. Do NOT ship by US Mail or DHL/Airborne freight.
Webpage Credit: http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umcor/getconnected/supplies/